Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

She - A gush of wind

It had rained yesterday, and the side roads were wet. Just the phase when summer enters monsoon and the heat is unnerving.  The sun at its zenith ensured that. I was all sweaty and it was a tiring day, like every day now is. I enter the path in shade and about to reach my home. A strong gush of wind flows in, it feels cool. I close my eyes and look down to resist but I feel good, it comforts me, I smile for the little treat. The wind stops and leaves a luring fragrance, I know the charismatic scent, I am always out of breath at this smell, but I still want more of it, I am addicted. I open my eyes and there she is. In a fluorescent muslin cloth jacketing the pretty white shirt she wore. She had wayfarers put on, the brown glasses concealed her eyes but I could see them as nicely as without them. I wish she stopped, not for me but just like that, without a reason, just stop for a while so that I can gaze her for as long as I want. But she went, without even noticing me, maybe she didn’t wanted to. In a moment, there was no one at the place except me, sometimes I doubt my own existence. She felt better than the cool wind, I smile for the little treat and think that love is not just a feeling, for I don’t blink, breathe and I am not sure about the beats my heart take after she comes and before she goes.      

Posted by Aditya

No comments:

Post a Comment