Pages

Friday 27 June 2014

Like a star

As clueless a star, I stand,
Looking at the millions like me yet varying.
Oblivious to what is in the end,
Hoping the journey isn’t scaring.

Sometimes twinkling, later dim,
Sometimes bright, after fade.
Few moments I wished, to zoom and sim,
Few feelings I wished, to sneak and evade.

For the stars I cared, fell too soon,
And the breeze I waited never came.
All I now have is the moon,
The breeze that promised was just too lame.

Few mighty stones, who had my trust,
And the big mets who shed their words.
The former broke my heart, to the crust,
And the latter sliced me, without swords.

I’ve grown up now, a little too old,
Now wish to live with no secrets to keep.
There’s no one left to stand and scold,
Whose shoulders on which I could quietly weep.

Though sometimes I deeply think,
By the time they sum up all.
Few merrily with happiness, sink.
Will I stay here struggling or sometime slowly fall?


1 comment: